Saturday, April 23, 2011

Breaking Language Barriers: Famous Foreign Directors Who Crossed Over to English-Language Films - Yahoo! Movies

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-contributor-network/breaking-language-barriers-famous-foreign-directors-who-crossed-over-englishlanguage-films
Upon hearing that South Korean filmmaker Chan-wook Park will get his English-language film debut with "Stoker," I was thrilled, as I'm such a big fan of his. From "Oldboy" to "Thirst," his films speak with such power and energy. How much of a fan am I? I get excited by even the simple memory of my encounter with a Korean-American DJ in Seoul, while I was there for a film training program. She asked me to join a radio contest for foreigners who were asked about something related to Korean culture.

No comments: